Tips & tricks to keep your bikini looking nice
Hurray it’s that time of year again! You are busy looking for your fave holiday destination or you are ready to go on holiday. Of course the trendiest summer outfits are ready and that includes a couple of new bikinis. But how do you keep your fabulous bikinis looking nice? Here are some handy tips & tricks!
• Wash the items preferably by hand in cold water with a detergent for delicates.
• When you want to put your bikini in the washing machine, use a washing machine bag and select a delicate wash programme exclusively for swimwear.
• Just as with sports clothes, do not wash your swimwear with fabric softener. Using fabric softener lessens the stretch and decreases the life expectancy of your items.
• Take extra care with beads and stones. If you can remove these elements from your bikini they won’t be damaged during washing.
• The best way to dry your bikini is flat (in the shade!) without first wringing it out.
Avoid fading or damage
• Many suncreams contain a certain chemical that can cause the material of your bikini to discolour or harm it. Avoid this by applying suncream half an hour before putting your bikini on.
• Sunlight, chlorine and sea water can cause the colour of your bikini to fade. After swimming, rinse your bikini in cold water to avoid salt or chlorine stains.
• If you go to a water park, wear an old bikini. Rough surfaces can cause wear and tear that you want to avoid in a new bikini.
Still looking for a new bikini? Find our complete swimwear collection here.