The ins & outs of brand ambassador Doutzen Kroes
Always wanted to know more about top international model and Hunkemöller brand ambassador Doutzen Kroes? Read on!
Doutzen Kroes from Friesland, top international model and Hunkemöller brand ambassador, had just been awarded her secondary school diploma when she sent in a few holiday snaps to Paparazzi Models for some extra money. Before long she had shot to the top of the modelling world, featuring in shows for Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Yves Saint Laurent and Viktor & Rolf. In 2006, she became the face of L’Oréal and the following year she signed a contract with lingerie brand Victoria’s Secret (Doutzen terminated her US contract in 2015). She also shone in a Dutch film called Nova Zembla.
If you weren’t a complete Doutzen fan already, you definitely will be after you read the following facts.
- Doutzen is the mother of two children, son Phyllon and daughter Myllena, and is married to DJ Sunnery James.
- She prefers to talk to her children in Frisian (a language from the Northern Netherlands).
- Doutzen has her own waxwork at Madame Tussauds, dressed by Roberto Cavalli.
- Her sister is Rens Kroes, known for her books on happy and healthy lifestyles (Powerfood, On the go).
- Since 2009, Doutzen has been an ambassador for Dance4life (www.dance4life.nl), an organisation that dedicates itself to raising worldwide awareness about and fighting HIV and AIDS.
- Doutzen is an advocate for Knot On My Planet (www.knotonmyplanet.org), which opposes the hunting of elephants, slaughtered for their ivory tusks.
- She prefers exercising outdoors (cardio) in the fresh air. Her favourites are skipping and boxing. And when she is in the Netherlands, she uses her bicycle as often as possible.
- Doutzen feels very sexy in a casual outfit made up of, say, a pair of jeans and a pretty blouse with a sexy lingerie set underneath.
- She is the new Hunkemöller brand ambassador, the face and designer of the new Doutzen’s Stories line.
- Her first collection is now available, both in Hunkemöller stores and online, with Doutzen’s favourite item being the blue longline set. You can find the complete Doutzen’s Stories collection here.
- 19 February, 2019
- 30 January, 2020
- 15 November, 2019
- 06 February, 2020