Sales Shopping Tips & Tricks
Sales. Some people love them, others are so overwhelmed by the chaos of clothes and people that they find it hard to cope. Personally, I am in the former category. So here are seven tips and tricks from me to get you through the sales.
- Know your size. Then you won’t have to lug around all those clothes and wait in the far-too-long queues outside the fitting rooms.
- Still need to try something on? Make sure you’re wearing clothes and shoes you can easily take off and put back on again.
- View a number of web shops. Check out the website of your favourite shops beforehand and make a list.
Clothes are often a lot cheaper in the sales, which is fantastic, particularly if you’re on a small budget. But… watch out! Because everything is so cheap, you’ll be more tempted to put things in your basket and may end up spending more without realising it. That holds true regardless of whether you’re a fashionista on a budget or looking for a specific piece of clothing.
- Set yourself a budget. Find it hard to stick to a budget? Then only take as much money with you as you want to spend.
- Think about what you need beforehand. Going shopping with a mission? If so, think about what you’re looking for before you set out. That way, you create a little order amid the clothes chaos and you won’t end up buying stuff you don’t need.
- Bring a friend! Shopping together is not only much more fun, it’s useful too. Sometimes you need someone to bring you back down to earth in the clothes jungle. A friend’s critical gaze will make sure you think twice before buying anything.
- Give yourself time. Set aside a day or an afternoon to go shopping with friends. Long queues at the fitting rooms and the till can quickly spoil the fun, so go and sit at a pavement cafe in between times. That way, you can also look through what you have bought.
As Diane von Furstenberg once said: “If there is one rule for dressing, for fashion, it’s pretty much the same rule as for everything else in life. Don’t go against yourself, don’t go against your own nature. It’s only going to show.”
Have fun shopping ladies!