- Why do you think it is important to wear beautiful lingerie, even when not visible to the outside world?
I love beautiful lingerie! It gives you that little bit of extra self-confidence when you need it.
- Are you the type that wears matching sets or do you like to mix & match?
I should probably say I only have matching sets in my drawer, but I admit I sometimes mix & match, too.
- Do you match your lingerie to your mood and emotion? Like now, during the World Cup?
My choice of lingerie is definitely linked to my mood. Also, I’m very sensitive to colour. During the World Cup, I’ll be wearing an orange lingerie set under my bright orange outfit.
- Footballers are known for wearing ‘lucky’ boxers during a match. Do you also have a set you wear when facing a particular challenge?
Nigel doesn’t necessarily have a pair of ‘lucky boxers’. Speaking for myself, I think it’s important I feel good in what I’m wearing. A beautiful set that fits well gives me strength.
- What do you look for when buying a set?
Fit and quality are the most important criteria for me. Because I have a slightly darker complexion, when buying skin-coloured underwear, I always make sure it properly matches my skin colour.
- What does a bra mean to you? Is it something special or just something you need?
A bra is an essential item that determines the fit of your outfit. For example, Hunkemöller’s T-shirt bras are among my favourites. Also make sure you have a good strapless bra in your cupboard – vital for summertime!
- What inspires you when creating a look?
My inspiration is determined by the occasion, by the weather and by the latest fashion trends. As a ‘true fashionista’, I naturally follow those closely!
- Does creating a look start with lingerie for you, or do you match your lingerie to your outfit afterwards? (Do you first choose a set or do you first choose your look of the day and combine your lingerie with that?)
My starting point is my ‘outfit of the day’. I then consider fit, material and colour and look for a suitable set to match.
- What are your fashion favourites for this season and do you adapt your lingerie to them?
This season, I’m crazy about oversized bombers, crop tops, boyfriend jeans and combinations of different prints. You also see the catwalk trends translated into lingerie. A real must-have for the summer is a brightly-coloured bra you can wear under your ‘see-through’ crop top.
- What role do fashion and styling play in your life?
I am passionate about fashion and styling and they play a major role in my life. I am thrilled that my fashion blog StyledByWinonah.com is read by so many people and that through it I’m able to inspire ‘budding fashionistas’ with my style.
- When did you last have yourself measured? Women their change cup size 6 times a year.
To be quite honest, I have never had myself measured before and I didn’t know women changed cup size so regularly. On my next visit to a Hunkemöller store, I will definitely have myself measured!
- Finally, if the Dutch win the World Cup, what is the first thing you’ll do?
Naturally, I’ll cheer very loudly and give Nigel a big kiss! After that, I’ll enjoy a wonderful, well-earned holiday with my family!
My favourite clothing piece of the moment is my Styled By Winonah boyfriend fit t-shirt. I combine this shirt with a classic full length skirt that is midnight blue coloured. To complete the look I add some cute sandals and top it of with a touch of orange: a clutch and bracelets. Fun detail: the material of my sunglasses and clutch are alike! Below this World Cup look, I wear my favourite Hunkemöller set!
Sunglasses: Linda Farrow
Styled By Winonah 14 t-shirt: exclusive available via ModeMusthaves.com
Clutch: Celine (Box)
Sandals: Guiseppe Zanotti
Bracelets: Juli Dans, Cartier, Rosanna Kluivert