Wardrobe Detox – Essentials
Hunkemöller ambassador and fashionista Yuyan shares her ‘wardrobe detox’ ritual with us. Super handy now that autumn is approaching.
Sob… It’s as if we don’t deserve to walk around with bare legs just a bit longer. Unfortunately, we already have to think about the cold weather that is fast approaching. Shop windows are full of wool, jeans and boots again. Before I rob my own purse, I take the time to really sort through my wardrobe. I am going to share my ‘wardrobe detox’ rituals with you and tell you which items you really should leave in your wardrobe for a little while longer:
- Keep the sweaters and loose, thin jumpers in the wardrobe just a little bit longer. They make for great outfits when teamed with an A-line skirt or denim shorts and you will be warm!
- Summer shoes; pumps, loafers, sandals. They look really cute with boyfriend jeans or some trousers. That way you can hold onto that summery feeling just a little bit longer yet surrender yourself very slowly to the colder weather.
- Scarves, scarves, scarves. They look great in the summer tied to your bag or in your hair. When it gets a bit colder, you just tie them round your neck.
- Dresses. It’s a shame to put them away in a box 😉 Plus, you’re just calling for the bad weather! Edgy boots, a denim jacket and you’re ready to go on for a bit.
- Spaghetti tops. Made from silk or other loose fabrics. Teamed with a cardigan or bomber jacket!
Items you need to buy NOW:
- Hats and caps. This is one of last year’s statements but is going to continue.
- Sweaters! With fun prints or beading. They already have some great items at Zoe Karssen.
- Ankle boots as you can still wear these during summer days and evenings.
- New bras. In the summer, we’ve been wearing subtle, lace, strapless bras. In the autumn we’ll cover everything up so our bras don’t have to be subtle anymore! Go for a lace bra or what about an autumn-proof set in bordeaux red?
Photo credits: modemois-elle.com