Preparation is a must for a great workout: the right nutrition, hydration and mindset is key to get the desired results and to feel good in your own skin. Read below some pre-workout tips to make sure you will get in shape before summer:
– Eat your meal at least one or two hours before you start your workout. If you don’t, it’s possible that your energy level will drop (the well known after dinner dip). Avoid fat and spicy food as well.
One of our favourite lightweight dishes is the quinoa salad. The ingredients are: quinoa, tomatoes, feta, olives, avocado, courgette, splash of lemon, pepper and salt.
– Besides nutrition is also very important to get well hydrated before you hit the gym. Drink about two cups of water a few hours before exercise and remember to bring your water bottle with you. Keep hydrating after the training to replace the water you lost by sweating it out.
– The best way to push yourself to the limit and to beat your PR is a great focus and plenty of energy. Get enough sleep and treat yourself on a comfortable yet sexy sports outfit.
– Taking a cold shower before your workout will improve your energy level and increase your blood flow. If you can’t go for a full on cold shower (not many can 😉 ) alternating between hot and cold has roughly the same benefits.
– Having an updated playlist is a must! A good beat gives you that extra push you might need. Looking for one? We have put together the HKMIX. Check here!
- 30 January, 2020
- 15 November, 2019
- 06 February, 2020