Summer Quinoa Salad by Julie
PORTION: serves 2
YOU WILL NEED: pan, fine sieve, mixing bowl
3 cups cooked quinoa (approximately 1 cup uncooked)
1 medium cucumber, diced
20 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 large dried figs, finely chopped
10 black olives, stoned and finely chopped
2 handfuls fresh basil
1 handful fresh mint
1 ripe avocado, slivered or chopped
- Place the quinoa into a fine sieve and rinse with cold water.
- Mix the quinoa with 2 cups of water in a pan and bring to the boil. You can also add ¼ teaspoon of sea salt or some vegetable stock.
- Reduce the heat until the quinoa is just simmering and cook for 5 to10 minutes until the quinoa breaks open.
- Turn off the heat as soon as the quinoa is ready and remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour off any remaining water and leave the quinoa to cool.
- When the quinoa has cooled, you can add the other ingredients: cucumber, cherry tomato, avocado, dried figs, black olives, fresh basil and fresh mint. Mix well.
JULIE’S TIPS AND TRICKS:
- This quinoa salad will remain fresh for at least 2 days in an airtight pot in the fridge.
- Eat this dish as it is or season the salad with freshly squeezed lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and Himalayan salt or sea salt to taste.
- For extra nutrients and taste, you can add some leafy green vegetables to this dish. Rocket, romaine lettuce & alfalfa sprouts are delicious with this salad!
- 30 January, 2020
- 15 November, 2019
- 06 February, 2020