Two delicious and healthy Valentine’s Day recipes
Woohoo, it’s almost Valentine’s Day! And that requires two delicious and healthy Valentine’s Day recipes! Hunkemöller ambassador Gudrun shares her fave recipes with you. Check them out here and get cooking!
The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, right? But I’m sure this also applies to women. And what is better than spoiling your loved one, or yourself, with a fantastic, fun breakfast in bed on Valentine’s Day? Nothing, right? Well yes…if the breakfast includes these delicious vegan Oreo chocolate pancakes. Seriously guys, this is love. Don’t have a Valentine? No problem! If you make these pancakes for yourself then you will have enough love for the rest of the day. Because secretly, delicious food can make you very, very happy. Well, it makes me happy. Do you have a Valentine? Then it’s fun for two! Pancakes with love, that’s what it is. Combine these gorgeous pancakes with some fresh strawberries (which are packed with vitamins) and you are ready for the rest of the day.
What you will need: (this is for 1 large portion, makes about 7 small pancakes)
• 1 tablespoon of flaxseed
• 2.5 tablespoons of water
• 1/2 a tablespoon of coconut nectar (or agave syrup)
• 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• 90 gram of oat flour (or finely ground oats)
• 120 ml of almond milk
• 3 Oreo cookies
optional – topping
• 4 strawberries
• 3 Oreo cookies
• coconut nectar
• icing sugar
How do you make them?
• Start by gently mixing the flaxseed with the water in a bowl.
• Blend all the other ingredients (except for the Oreo cookies) in a blender until you have a smooth mixture.
• Then add the flaxseed with the water.
• Crumble the Oreo cookies and add to the mixture.
• Bake the pancakes on a medium heat until they are golden brown on both sides!
• Decorate with some sliced strawberries, crumbled Oreo cookies and some icing sugar!
• Enjoooooy 🙂
And what about dessert? A yummy dessert is always a good idea. And if you want to, you can even have dessert at breakfast, it’s up to you! This vegan chocolate avocado mousse with coconut cream is actually a lot healthier than you think and is very tasty. This also contains chocolate because you can never have too much chocolate, right? Make sure you don’t serve big portions of this avocado mousse as it is quite rich. Serve it with some gorgeous fresh fruit – a perfect match! For the coconut cream, make sure you use coconut milk without stabilisers (so, natural coconut milk), otherwise it won’t work! If you’re not vegan then you can of course use normal cream, it tastes just as delicious!
What you will need?
• 1 ripe avocado
• 15 gram of cacao powder
• 70 ml of coconut nectar or agave syrup
• 30 ml of unsweetened almond milk
• 1 tablespoon of almond butter (peanut butter is also fine!)
• 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract
• a pinch of sea salt
• 1 tin of natural coconut milk!!!!
• 20 gram of icing sugar
• 1 punnet of strawberries
• a handful of almond flakes
How do you make it?
- To make the coconut cream, put the tin of coconut milk in the fridge overnight so that the meat and water separate.
- Place a glass bowl in the fridge for 10 minutes before making the cream.
- Open the tin from the BOTTOM and let the water run out.
- Place the coconut meat in the cold bowl, add the icing sugar and whisk until you get cream. Place in the fridge.
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Mix the avocado with the rest of the ingredients in a food processor until you get a smooth mouse/pudding.
- Divide the choco mousse into bowls, decorate with some cream, strawberries and almond flakes and enjoooy!
Want some more healthy recipes? Then visit my blog www.the-fittest-you.com, where you will find healthy recipes posted weekly!
- 30 January, 2020
- 15 November, 2019
- 06 February, 2020