Warming up – easy and effective!
Hunkemöller ambassador & fit girl Elise has a few handy tips for a good warm-up routine. Super easy and effective, so what are you waiting for?
Before I work out, I always do a few warming up exercises. This is important, especially if you have been at the office or at school all day. Personally, I don’t like giving it my all before preparing my muscles and warming them up.
- Before I really get going with my warm-up/workout, I start with my all-time fave, the foam roller. I roll my muscles loose with it. It sometimes hurts a bit but it is great to do. I use the foam roller before and after my workout.
- Before my training, I stretch really well. Stretch your whole body: hands, chest, triceps, etc. so that all your muscles are warm. As with the foam roller, I do this at the beginning and end of my workout. I usually do a stretching exercise twice and stretch for about 20 seconds per exercise.
- Then I use the skipping rope for 5 minutes to get warm. You can skip for the full 5 minutes but it isn’t a great idea. I often skip for 1 minute, have 30 seconds rest, skip for 1 minute, have 30 seconds rest, etc. It is important that you warm up your body well and raise your heart rate.
- If you don’t like using a skipping rope, you can warm up a different way. What about 5-10 minutes on the treadmill, bike or rowing machine?
- Don’t feel like doing everyday exercises like walking, cycling or rowing? Then warm up doing exercises that use your own body weight and do sets of these. One set can consist of 3×8 burpees and 3×8 squats.
- When you’ve done this, your body is ready for a great workout!
You are warm, less susceptible to injury and ready to give it your all! Ready to rock the gym!