WORKOUT TIPS & TRICKS
07 August, 2015
Tips for a good workout:
- Find yourself a BFFF (best fit friend forever); nothing is more motivating than working out together! There are naturally times after a long day at work when you have absolutely no desire to exercise; then it’s a good thing you made that date with your BFFF. She will pull you along to the gym or for a run, so that you can both give it your all and afterwards you’ll be able to fall into bed with a sense of satisfaction.
- Make sure to eat some healthy pre-workout food. Although some people prefer to exercise on an empty stomach, we think it’s important to eat something first. That way, you will have plenty of energy and not become dizzy or nauseous as you work out. Allow yourself enough time for this, so that your stomach is not too full during your workout.
- Are you facing a long day at work or school and you know you have a tendency to hit the sofa after you come home and not want to get off? Take your workout clothes with you. That way, you can go directly to the gym from work and avoid skipping the workout.
- No matter what your choice of exercise is – cardio or strength training – stick to a routine. This prevents injuries and allows you to work on specific areas. Tell your trainer your objectives and they will come up with a great routine for you!
- Set yourself goals for certain exercises. For example: In 2 weeks I want to be able to do this exercise 10 times or in 3 months I want to take part in an organised run and sign up for the 10K.
- Treat yourself to a fun HKMX workout outfit! Secretly, you still want to look fashionable as you’re doing your badass workout!
- Have fun! Make your workout fun, so that it’s not a ‘have to’ but a ‘get to’. How about making yourself a cool playlist? Check out the HKMIX Spotify list here!
Please allow advertising cookies to see the comment integration.