#100DAYSHKMX BY MANON MEIJERS – WEEK 1
Dutch celebrity stylist Manon Meijers joins our challenge #100daysHKMX. Every week she and her personal trainer Guy van der Reijden share tips for exercises and healthy food to get in shape for summer. Watch the workout video and join!
– If you do sports in the evening, you have the whole day to come up with excuses not to go. And something else can easily come up, plus you use up a lot of energy during the day, which means you might not push yourself quite as hard in the evening. Do some sports in the morning! Getting up earlier is horrible to start with, but I’ve made it through the first week and I’m starting to get used to it (tip: move your alarm clock/phone further away from your bed – that way, you’ll have to get up to turn it off!). What’s more, your body produces all kinds of beneficial substances, which means I’m whistling in the car after doing sports now.
– Don’t buy anything that doesn’t fit in with your nutrition plan. That way, you can’t be tempted!
– Cook your own meals and make sure you always have something healthy in the car or your bag to snack on.
– For me, the hardest part of all is going to bed on time. Your body recovers during the night-time and the more rested you are, the easier it is to stick to your resolutions. Wash the day off under the shower (you literally wash stress away when you do!), drink a cup of tea or read a book instead of zoning out watching your favourite TV series for too long.
– I have swapped my old gym things for some nice sports sets. I have long known that looking nice gives you self-confidence, but that definitely also goes for the gym! The HKMX collection includes sports bras that don’t squash your breasts completely flat and shirts that are cut and designed in such a way that your waistline automatically becomes your new best friend. And if that isn’t keeping your eyes on the prize…
Good luck this week. See you next week!
- 16 November, 2016
- 14 October, 2016
- 30 January, 2020
- 15 November, 2019
- 06 February, 2020